Thread: WEC Ginetta LMP1
View Single Post
Old 19 Dec 2017, 20:41 (Ref:3788168)   #157
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
I believe the Alpine brand is Renault owned, so using the Cosworth Nissan V6 would be feasible as Nissan and Renault are effectivley the same company.....why not?
It would totally make sense. Mecachrome would also make sense, as Renault have close ties to them. Given Alpine managed to stick a chassis plate on an ORECA and call it an Alpine, I'm sure they could manage a deal to stick it on a Ginetta and call it an Alpine too. Alpine badged chassis, Renault badged engine that has close ties to the real Renaults. Seems like a good deal to me!

If the 2 other Ginetta aren't for Alpine, I'm betting they'll be back in LMP2. With another excuse on why they're allowed to enter LMP2, that will translate into English as "because they're French".

Last edited by Akrapovic; 19 Dec 2017 at 20:59.