View Single Post
Old 2 Jul 2006, 13:14 (Ref:1646193)   #11
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I supply many parts to the AF3 lads and the series hasgrown over the past 4 years the promotion is active and it gives the drivers from around the world the opportunity to race FIA series cars for a 3rd of the UK F3 Class B costs and the winner gains an entry to Macau end of year race and they also run on a few F1 tracks !!

With 2 rounds in 3 countries and 3 races per round it gives a lot of track time for young drivers especially from the side of the globe. Many drivers are coming up through the karting F BMW ranks now so the influx of western guys may not be so obvious as it was a year or so ago

The budgets are around US$ 130k- if i could get a deal with an airline i would be racing my f3 car out there and not in the UK!!
For that sort of cost and publicity/ exposure its very good value for money
You also have to consider as mentioned before that there are not many asian drivers out there
Narain and Alex Yoong are the 1st 2 guys to hit the headlines/big time race scene and now we have had a few more Chinese Indian Malay drivers over to UK racing who have cut there teeth in FBMW FRenault and AF3 series the past 4 years
It will not be long before 1 of the younger Af3 lads gets into the EEC race scene on his talents