View Single Post
Old 15 Nov 2013, 21:36 (Ref:3331921)   #2555
miatanut
Veteran

United States
Seattle
miatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkoske View Post
Not sure I see the innovation of the Delta-Wing.

• The delta wing shape (narrow front track). Probably to only innovative thing, but I think at this point had to be proven not as good as a wide track. The delta wing has a greater power to weight than an LMP1 yet laps slower than a LMP2, which means it has to be losing it in the turns. Maybe someone has sector data that can disprove this, but the data I've seen seems to support it.
Have I missed anything?
Who has made a car that is this light and can go this fast and can do it for more than 8 hours?

The basic concept to get the weight down was to throw away more than 1/4 of the car.

I would love to see a very fuel-limited experimental class where somebody could show up with a rectangular car to try to beat the DW. Maybe they would. There SHOULD be a war of ideas about how to go fast with fewer resources. It's a battle that could provide some very useful information.