View Single Post
Old 21 Jul 2017, 13:58 (Ref:3753340)   #17
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Seeing the NASCAR Mexico wrecks, I don't know how those barriers would pass as barriers for most local short track owners, let alone NASCAR, or organizations like the ACO, FIA, IMSA and others.

I'd like to know if that individual circuit had/has a FIA grade, and if so, what is/was it? I know that the main track is a road course, but even an improvised oval should still have some standards.

Also, the Villa Real WTCC deal probably doesn't look good for the FIA, considering that the WTCC is a FIA sanctioned series and the FIA also signed off on the track. I know that the FIA probably didn't think that a wreck could happen there, but ask Jeff Gordon about hitting areas of tracks that had no Safer Barriers because a bad accident was seen as unlikely to happen. He sure did hit enough walls in those areas. Also when Allan Simonsen died at LM in '13, the ACO probably though that an accident like that couldn't happen at Tetre Rouge, but it did.