View Single Post
Old 5 Mar 2011, 10:33 (Ref:2840503)   #58
DJJ
Racer

DJJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
why, because it has been decided by an elite few that " it's my way or the highway", and thus forced the change, instead of the original idea to run a common crate engine in the current shell........as mentioned above.
Come on, the current cars are old, different motor combinations have been tried and have not ended up with the result. No point running a common engine if the chassis is or may not be the problem.

Quote:
people have a choice........either the are forced to buy a completely new car, and any spares can only be puchased through the car supplier because (i suspect) very few parts are off a production unit. if suppliers for the existing v8 class weren't sanctioned as they are, the cars would be cheaper to build, and the class more sustainable.
The new car will be cheaper to maitain, the best thing for the curent cars is the fibreglass guards, they have saved money on repairs. The rest of the stuff is high maintanince regardless of whom supplies it. Yet you will still have 11 year old cars going around.

Quote:
because we, the elite few, have already started to drive nails into the coffin, and will continue to do so until our egos are massaged accordingly??.
there is already too many classes in this country, so instead of merging cars into an existing class and boosting numbers, every season a new class starts........... no f#$%in wonder the summer series is unsustainable.

too many fields/classes spread over too many events, competing for both the spectator sponsor and entrant dollar, during tight financial times does not spell a recipe for success.
People don't like change, but this has to happen. Everything thing about this new car is to save money, better running costs.

The main option as I see it is it opens up for the Australian teams to possibly field a car, better oposition name drivers and could be a big and good thing. or jethro down in the paddock can keep playing the banjo.