View Single Post
Old 13 Dec 2023, 17:44 (Ref:4188951)   #39
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
indeed. well presented.

while i have him in my top 10, i can understand why many many others have him much lower...it was hard season, lots of missed Q3s, unforced errors including some overly optimistic passing attempts, and of course having to retire twice in one race is an ignominious accomplishment!

i want to say he had the most race positions gained over the course of the season which can be in and of itself a very double edged accolade...if he wasnt always staring so far out of position then of course he wouldn't have needed to make up so many spots right?

but ultimately he did make up all but one of those spots in the races and he did it in what i would assume most would consider to be the seat that experienced the most scrutiny out of any other seat on the grid this year.

that it didnt break him is a testament to his quality.

subjective reasons of course but that should imo count for something as well.