View Single Post
Old 8 Mar 2006, 16:30 (Ref:1540527)   #22
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Finally, after about 8 hours work, I've posted the first BT (30) thread. This proved far more difficult than at first envisaged as the split thread mode does not show the post numbers, so I had to print the pages off (64 of them!) and number them up manually and then check them against the thread.

Allen, I have 'pruned' the posts a bit more than you suggested, in an attempt to:-

1) Keep the thread as close to purely BT30 specific as possible, without however, hopefully damaging the continuity.
2) Eradicate references to posts and comments that are no longer on this thread

Note also that:-

1) I added posts 140-144, 161, 163-169, from the original thread, which didn't appear on your list, Allen
2) That if any of you want me to change, add or remove any of the posts, you must give me the numbers from the NEW thread, as obviously, with the exception of posts 1-13, they will now differ from the originator thread.
2) That if I have 'pruned' too much and you are unhappy that the relationship to the BT35/36s is lost, I can do this again (The really hard work has already been done!), but we can always post links if absolutely necessary.
3) None of your posts have been lost - the bits I have edited out will reappear in the appropriate other BT threads.
4) I have received emails from a few of you and will take on board your comments as I prepare the appropriate threads. If I haven't done as you asked or requested, it will be because I have a query which I will get back to you on.

If any of you can let me know what you think, before I carry on with the others, I'd appreciate it. You can post it here, unless you want to be too rude ( ). If you are happy with the outcome, I'll get on with the BT35 thread tomorrow, and that will be the two most difficult (sizewise, anyway!) threads out the way.

I'm going for a lie down, now!