View Single Post
Old 24 Jul 2014, 09:29 (Ref:3437246)   #30
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This was even better than it was last year! I've been saying this, since the first rumor of a Truck Series race, at Eldora surfaced, this is a test case, to see if dirt track racing would work for today's Sprint Cup (and Nationwide) Series. Appearently, from what this article says, somebody else agrees with me! I remember him saying EXACTLY this same thing about the CW Truck Series, a couple of years ago! My guess, if (when) NASCAR adds Eldora (or another dirt track) to the Sprint Cup Schedule, that ticket will become harder to get, that the ticket for The Bristol Night Race, use to be! From Jayski's Silly Season:

Stewart would like to have Nationwide and Sprint Cup races at Eldora: While he's not planning for it, Tony Stewart would love for the addition of more NASCAR Racing at Eldora Speedway. Stewart, along with track general manager Roger Slack, talked about the possibilty during a press conference for the unveiling of the new infield building that will be added for the 2015 season. "I'd love for the Truck Series to not be the only NASCAR that comes here," Stewart said. "If this continues to go as well as we hope it does there's no reason that the other two divisions couldn't come possibly in the future. I think we can make it work. If you can take the trucks and make them work here, the Cup cars and Nationwide cars aren't much of a stretch from that. So it's definitely feasible to do that." The new building, which will begin to be constructed in October, will house the media center that will also double as an infield hospitality suite. The building will also be the site of the infield care center along with a concession stand with double lines. Stewart said the decision to build in the infield building had no bearing on the possibilty of getting a Nationwide of Cup Series race in the future. "This is part of the continued process of us making the commitment of improving the facility to making it bigger and better," he said. "But we are very appreciative and very content if we only run truck races from here on out. We get the privilege to keep hosting Truck races and we are very happy doing that."(Motor Racing Network)(7-24-2014)

Oh, and there is a rumor, floating around, right now, that Knoxville will be added to the Truck Schedule, in the next year or two!

Last edited by R.Lee; 24 Jul 2014 at 09:32. Reason: addition to post