Old 2 Feb 2005, 06:31 (Ref:1215196)   #106
FalconEL
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland
FalconEL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry
The ex-HP XD was stripped after the crash. The shell went to John Donnelly, and much of the other stuff went into the 1981 Bathurst winner, which was sold to Alf Grant in mid-1982. Good car that one. Donnelly also at one stage co-drove the John English (ex-Allan Moffat) XD which eventually knocked a big piece of concrete out of the wall at the Esses at Bathurst.
Close Henry, but no cigar

Donnelly didn't drive the ex-Moffat car. English drove Donnelly's car.

The shell of the 1980 "Rock Car" was given to Donnelly who pulled it straight and rebuilt it.

In 1981, English was the lead driver in John Donnelly's ex-DJ 1980 "Rock Car" at Bathurst. Primary reason for this was that he was more experienced at that time and had been to Bathurst previously. They finished a strong 10th Outright.

I'd like to one day write a book about the backstabbing and bulls$%t that occured at Bathurst that year and the debacle afterwards, but Australian libel and defamation laws and other legal issues may prevent me doing so........
"I still can't spin the wheels all the way down the straight in high gear", Mark Donohue (The Unfair Advantage) commenting to the Porsche engineers on the 1100hp 1973 Can-Am Porsche 917-30 when asked whether the car has enough horsepower yet!!