Old 3 Feb 2005, 10:02 (Ref:1216237)   #108
cornermsport
Racer

Australia
near Oran Park NSW
cornermsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by groupnxu1
Steve built the car up out of a shell that he purchased from Barry Graham the the car was caged in 1987 and a lot of Terry's spare parts were used to assemble the car it was then painted in the Silver and White like the CIG Gases car of Finnigans ( I was told that the reason for this was that both Steve and terry were going to run 2 cars but it did not eventuate) the silver top was then repainted to floro orange in 88, Steve sold the car in about 1993 to a guy in Melbourne who used it for club stuff before it was sold to another club racer a few years later he used the car for many years before he sold the car minus engine and getrag gearbox( engine and box are now in the Peter Champion owned and recently restored Brock 05 VL. The car was sold minus engine and box to another melbourne racer were engine and getrag were replaced before winding up in my garage in 2003 the car is still how it raced when Steve had the car except for the Original Engine and Getrag, drivers seat and steering wheel apart from that it is still the way it was.

As the car has a very limited history this is why i am trying to get as much info and Photo's from people as possible so that it makes my apllication for a Historic Certificate of Desciption a lot more detailed.

Any help would be fantastic.

Cheers

Dylan

Just interested to know where you obtained your initial history regarding your Steve Williams car. I know Barry Graham (Speedway, and Nascar Champ) quite well, and assuming we are talking about the same Barry, he never owned a VK Commodore of any description to sell off!!!

Barry was always involved with the preparation and co driving of the Brian Callaghan owned Mobile Concrete Pumping VK and VL Walkinshaw Commodores, but he never owned any of them.

Also, I was always under the belief that Steve's car was made up of the spares parts from the late Mike Burgman Commodore team. I'm sure Steve could assist in its history???