Old 4 Feb 2005, 02:43 (Ref:1217090)   #119
FalconEL
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland
FalconEL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry
The ex-rock car is around... somewhere. There have been whispers about it's whereabouts, but apparently the current owner is happy to have it sitting quietly where it is for the time being.
It was sold in late 1984 or early 1985. I heard that it sat in a paddock for a couple of years - probably rusting away, but am now not sure of it's exact whereabouts. I can verify that the car still exists however and that John Donnelly has been in contact with the current owner.

The Johnson/Donnelly "rock car" was re-log booked in 1981 after it was pulled straight and rebuilt. Donnelly did not receive the original log book with the shell. As it stands, the current owner has the log book issued in 1981 for John Donnelly.

Whether or not the original log book became the log book for the 1981 Bathurst winner, I am not certain.

Naturally, I would give my left one to get that car back because of it's sentimental value to our family.

CD.

Last edited by FalconEL; 4 Feb 2005 at 02:44.
"I still can't spin the wheels all the way down the straight in high gear", Mark Donohue (The Unfair Advantage) commenting to the Porsche engineers on the 1100hp 1973 Can-Am Porsche 917-30 when asked whether the car has enough horsepower yet!!