Old 4 Feb 2005, 03:34 (Ref:1217111)   #124
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultan
What alterations does the DJR Mustang need?
Right spec bonnet for a start. The one that's on it isn't correct for either it's 1984/early 1985 or late 1985/1986 specification. Be nice if it was resprayed authentically inside and out too, but that's just being pedantic really. Quite a nice little car, and one which promised a lot in its day and only needed a little bit of luck to be remembered as being much more successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultan
BTW, what happened to the Mustangs - the DJR cars (I thought one was written off in NZ?), the Laurie Nelson car, the Don Smith/Bo Seton car, the 2 Pinepac Anderson cars from NZ, the Wally Kramer 'beached in '86 " car - I'm sure some of these above cars may be one & the same, & once upon a time I had a bit of background on some of them, but it's all MIA now
Either the Nelson car or the Seton one was the spare Pinepac car in 1986 IIRC.

The history and final resting places of the DJR cars was never fully explained to my complete understanding, except I believe that the one at DJR was one of the original DJR cars, purchased from WA. I thought the one that got its nose just about torn off was sold over there, but hadn't heard anything concrete on either of them.