David
Racer

United States
Noblesville, IN, USA
David should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1
David,

......that leaves Corvette Racing with only #7 & #8. What will they do for a back-up if they have a mishap like last year at PLM? Is there a #9 hiding somewhere?

DK
How about:

Actually, the 2008 backup question came up elsewhere so I asked my insider but have no answer yet. Considering all that is going on with LMP1 talk, "Private" GT2 Corvettes, FIA 2010 rules and no ALMS GT1 competition, GM may be reluctant to invest in 2 cars to gather dust all year like 007 and 008 did in 2007. In a real pinch, C5/6R-012, the C6.R development mule, has not been seen on the show circuit for a while but is assumed to still be available. That strange story is here C6R Show Cars.

Just for further entertainment, a friend has promised to send me pictures of a C6.R show car that he saw in 2005 and it had a production VIN number that indicates it was based on a 1999 C-5 Hardtop pilot production car!!

STOP PRESS!! SCOOP!!!
Honest, as I was creating the epistle above, the answer came from my insider: There will be no chassis 9 and 10.

Considering my speculations above, and other implications that I surely have missed, this is BIG news!! Right??

About 13.7 billion years ago I heard a very loud noise - did you hear it?