Thread: VALE: Supercars
View Single Post
Old 23 Apr 2017, 07:15 (Ref:3728566)   #16
mceci1
Veteran

Australia
mceci1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good competition? How many on-track passes for the lead have there been this year?

What have you been watching 155. May I say, Adelaide Scotty and SVG, battles for minors, last year Bathurst, Sandown, Gold Coast, Adelaide, Homebush. Clipsal this year was a gap of 1 ten thousands of a second in shoot out. Where else in the world of motorsport do we see that, that's right, ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE. The racing is the best it has ever been in the last few years, team mate rivalries, talent coming up, Chaz, Scotty M, SVG, Lowndes in the wet. What the hell else do you want to see. Our drivers are up their with the most elite motorsport drivers I think. Not to mention how tough the category is, look at the pedigree Simona has, not a disappointment by far, look how she is going. Another thing, Triple 8 v PRA v Penske v HSV. What else can you ask for, that is going to be an awesome battle to watch. In the last 10 years at least, we have not seen a Bathurst 1000 that has been boring. From 2005 on from what I can remember it has been known for its drama, and awesome races. 2014, track may have been damaged, but look at the end of the race, Chaz v Jamie. 2016, Tander, v Whincup v McLaughlin.

The problem is that people just don't like seeing the top teams there. V8 Supercars by far are not boring, and anyone who says they are, are some of the most delusional people. You wont see someone go flat out through the most wild corner in the country (Adelaide turn 8) on the last lap after 35 laps of being in 60 degree cabins like we did when Whincup and Courtney went at it last year.

This year, 78 laps and SVG and Scotty we still going blow for blow.

I rest my case, V8 Supercars are not boring like F1 when we always see Mercedes at the front in the recent past. NASCAR might be seen as exciting, but for most people they get excited at a crash, we get excited at hard fought racing in V8s.