View Single Post
Old 30 Jan 2018, 15:20 (Ref:3796904)   #55
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
And it seems McLaren-Renault have no problem him racing him a Toyota car. I really think this post Bernie era could see more drivers doing it if they want to, then again Zak Brown might be different from other team managers when it comes to this
I suspect a large part of this is... if we want to keep Alonso... we have to let him do stuff like this. I would be shocked if this level of freedom was not part of his agreement to stay for 2018.

I don't disagree that Zak Brown might be predisposed to allow it as well. I hope it sets the right tone with other teams. Personally I think it can only help F1 in that as drivers participate in other formulas, they may carry fans of those series (who otherwise might not be F1 fans) back into F1.

Richard