View Single Post
Old 27 May 2015, 08:16 (Ref:3541665)   #35
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I always look forward to The Monaco GP, I suppose for a number of reasons.
I'm old enough for Monaco to have been one of the few races that were shown on TV when I was a youngster, so that's one thing that makes the event special to me.
I also know (from what my Dad told me at that time) that Monaco is a special place, with lots of famous people & lots of money, that glamour adds to the appeal.
My first foreign holiday with mates was spent camping in the South of France, and we had a day trip to The Principality so I could drive around the circuit in our car and despite the novelty of topless beaches (this was the 70's!) for me, that was the highlight of the holiday.
Finally, I attended the 1983 Monaco GP, which was a great experience, seeing F1 cars driving around the streets was spectacular.
I admit that it is not a race due to the lack of overtaking because there isn't room, but for me the spectacle more than makes up for that. Let's face it, there are plenty more much wider circuits that still don't have many opportunities for overtaking, but tyey also don't provide the spectacle that Monaco does.