View Single Post
Old 23 Jun 2006, 11:35 (Ref:1639728)   #46
ian beckett
Racer

ian beckett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The original Frank Sytner car was started in December 1982 and completed by March '83 by Ted Grace in Pershore using works supplied shell and parts.The car was then run in the '83 BTCC by Malcolm Gartlan Racing for Sytner entered under the Grace International Racing banner. A second car was then built by Grace in August '84. Both these cars were then sold by Sytner to Graham Johnson/John Morton in New Zealand. At the start of '85 Sytner acquired the three ex-BMW GB/CC Motorsport cars one of which was originally an Eggenberger car,this one was sold to a Belgian team in June of'85 who raced it in that years Spa 24 hours(Jumet Motors).One of the remaining two cars (ex-Weaver)was sold to Mike Newman at the start of the '85.The remaining car(ex-Woodman)was sold to Charlie O'Brien in Australia and is the one in yellow in the two photos above. I got this information in a letter which Frank kindly wrote to me in January '86.All the cars continued to be raced as well as switching hands for some time to come(but that is another story!).I hope this continues the thread and others who loved these cars will join in.I would still welcome more photos (particularly from 'down under') to help confirm the threads which I have developed over the years about the ownership of the other cars which went to that part of the world.Sadly Ted Grace died within the last 18 months.