View Single Post
Old 17 Jan 2002, 08:56 (Ref:200007)   #17
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Anything apart from trying to make sportscar racing (in any of its forms) like F1. Don't let Mr. Ecclestone, Mr. Mosely or anyone else of their ilk anywhere near it again (after what happened to Group C and the 3.5 litre formula). I would cry in my beer if sportscar racing ever became as boring as F1 has been for the last 6-7 years.
Spot on! I hate what that lot have done to F1, and the way that everyone in F1 is clearly terrified of crossing the poison dwarf. They only care about F1 and would happily screw any other motorsport they perceived as being a threat to the popularity of F1. Part of the charm of Le Mans are its idiosyncrasies, the fact that ACO will let in hopeless French teams, the relative informality of it etc.

And never forget that we can a week of excellent fun for the price of an F1 grandstand ticket - ssh, don't tell Bernie!