View Single Post
Old 18 Oct 2012, 15:11 (Ref:3153897)   #105
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
I also meant to add, I really don't like black race cars. There is a popular belief going around that black is secretive, stealthy and cool. I really like black in certain situations like dressing (black tie event or a night out), but for race cars I think it is silly and, possibly, dangerous. Besides, why spend millions of dollars designing, building and racing something that is hard to see?

Corvette's bright yellow cars are some of the easiest to see. They know that they want the prototypes that are 60-80 mph faster than them to see them. Plus, they have a distinctive look that people recognize and the color serves as a good backdrop for the sponsors.

Black absorbs light. Colorful is the opposite and a lot of colors are reflected and displayed to the eyes. That's why we call it a 'colorful' sport. The cars are beautiful. Show them off, don't try to hide them!

I really liked the Champion Audis with their white and then cool reflective strips that lit up a night when the flashes hit them from the cameras. I liked the Panoz silver with Visteon black accents. That was classy and was pleasant to see.

Since I've been vocal about this thought over the years I figured that I should try some experimentation on my own. We play a fair amount of beach volleyball (played five games last night after being up at the track all day). Anyway, I have a yellow shirt, an orange shirt and a black one. When wearing them, I have watched for the different reactions from the other players, especially, the other team.

What I have found is that when I'm wearing the yellow or orange shirt, it gets the attention of the other players, especially, the spikers. When attempting to block a spike, it works to my advantage because it attracts the attention of their vision transferring the information to the brain before anything else. As a result, they either hit out of bounds more often or mis-hit the ball a higher percentage of the time and I get more blocks. Wearing the black shirt does not have these effects. When I am tired or not up to my 'A' game, I'll wear the black shirt. When I'm ready for some action, I wear the yellow or orange shirt.