View Single Post
Old 13 Mar 2017, 14:14 (Ref:3718375)   #110
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Aston Martin Racing boss John Gaw said that GTE racing in the WEC is the place to be for many reasons, but the most interesting one is because he sees there being a chance for the GT classes to be the premier attraction in the series. GTE Pro class is now a FIA World Championship, it’s progressing fast. There will be more brands coming in the future too, because GTE will get more coverage due to the balance between it and LMP1 having changed recently. I know the FIA and ACO are working on even more ways to make the GTE championship more exciting.
Also he feels that there’s a chance we will see GT and prototypes racing together going forward with the LMP1 grid.
He said: “I’d love to see in the future LMP regulations in 2020 allow a GTP car to compete at the front using the hyper cars that are out there now. It wouldn’t be a massive shock to me. Aston, Ferrari, Mercedes, they all have hypercars. “Why couldn’t we go back to the days like 1998 and have GTP competing alongside LMP?”
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...car-brand.html
I think that is an excellent point. Allow GT cars to have that performance and allow makes like Toyota to do something slightly different but still be in the same class. Allow hybrids, and engine freedom and i think we could have a great class.