View Single Post
Old 24 Jul 2017, 11:33 (Ref:3753924)   #1059
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
People keep mentioning the deaths of Surtees and Wilson as a major reason for F1 implementing the Halo. Makes me wonder though - why have the racing categories that Surtees and Wilson were driving in, not done anything while F1 has jumped the gun??

They also mention Jules Bianchi as another reason why the Halo must be fitted. I do not believe for one second that the Halo, Aeroscreen or Shield, would have saved Bianchi's life. Possible that de Villota might have escaped injury during her test accident, but there's still debate whether her death was the result of her accident.

I am a fan of open cockpit racing, and in particular - Formula One, which has always been open cockpit. And should always be open cockpit. Formula One today is the safest open cockpit racing category there is. This is nothing more than a overreaction by the FiA to save their own ass. While other open cockpit categories, which would be more prone to deaths or serious injuries due to inexperienced drivers, continue to race with open cockpits!??
Jay Frye, IndyCar’s president of competition and operations, was interviewed recently in June about the new aero-kit for 2018 and cockpit protection.

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/n...18-car-919458/