View Single Post
Old 27 Jul 2017, 15:18 (Ref:3754741)   #1069
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
What I don't get is why they are rushing through with the halo when they plan to use an improved shield in the future. I think there's something going on
The genie is out of the bottle, they have committed to forward head protection for 2018, the only thing that is remotely mature enough is the Halo.

I'd like to think as I've posted earlier, that the Halo will be a stop gap whilst either the shield that Ferrari produced is refined or as I 've said many times before an enclosed cockpit is developed.