View Single Post
Old 29 Jul 2011, 22:29 (Ref:2933060)   #302
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am not angry or outraged over this. Just terribly sad. It has honestly ruined my day, as sad as that sounds. And I'm someone who hasn't bothered to watch a race since... Actually I can't remember. China re-run?

F1 during my lifetime of watching (1990 onwards) has always been free to air, if you ignore the fairly nominal license fee. A part of the televisual furniture. So it really is the end of an era.

How can anyone say this is a good thing? I know it is trendy and cool to approve of everything wacky that Bernie agrees to but for me there is a limit.

I mean I know I said I don't watch anymore, but what if I saw or heard of things that might attract me back? I wouldn't be able to, simply. I simply can't afford even an SD Sky Sports subscription. Heck, I stretch my finances to pay a meagre sum for NASCAR coverage and at least that is clearly full value! And I sure as ****e am not going to attempt to raise extra funds.

A lot of existing Sky Sports subscribers seem delighted. Typical.

It's just tremendously depressing and sad and I wonder if there is any point following the sport in any way beyond this season.

The BBC team, it goes without saying, will be broken up. Perfection wasted after three meagre seasons.

The way the BBC let this slide is deplorable. They knew what they were getting into in 2008. Did they not even budget for the worst case scenario?

What has happened to F1. Dammit. It's such a bloody downer. I'm so sick and tired of watching my favourite series, over the years, do the wrong things and pay for it down the line. Despite this, I hope F1 suffers, and suffers bad, for this.