Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 7 Nov 2019, 14:09 (Ref:3939068)   #3718
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
I hope that with time and if implemented adequately, the budget cap will shrink the performance gap between teams. All things being equal, a smaller gap combined with spending limits should make it easier (financially at least) for a team lost in the woods to catch back up.

Perhaps not within a given season but over time...as it should be to be honest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I hope the budget caps work in closing the field up too, otherwise it will be seen as a failure in that regard.
Agree with both comments. I am hopeful but also feel that the change will not be immediate. That it will take some time to even out. Question is how long. I think we will not see any significant changes for around five years (hope I am wrong). There will likely be a few teams moving around next year just due to the new regulations, but the basic pecking order is probably not going to change. I fully expect the current top three to continue to dominate for many years. Hopefully we may see more variability on the podium and the tail end of the field not so far off the front.

Quote:
And reducing the number of upgrades allowed a season while limiting spending may well prevent a top team from moving ahead too quickly as well.
Yes, it will hurt them as well.

Quote:
Anyways, i do really like how the new cars/renderings look. For sure the look will change but if all that comes out of these changes is a more aesthetically pleasing nose and less fiddly bits then the new rule set will be a big win for me.
It will be interesting to see what the actual cars look like.

Richard