View Single Post
Old 3 Sep 2008, 22:59 (Ref:2281239)   #58
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King
... I guess that at any race event with a somewhat decent crowd, the spectators' journeys to the track produce several times more CO2 than the actual racing. So in the end there's no big difference between a race run on conventional fuel and one run on ethanol. I have absolutely no problem with going green, but not if the sport on track is the victim. If it can be done without unreasonable additional costs I'm all for it.

Göteborg Cityrace in STCC this year was fully environmentally compensated. The compensations was 8% for the racecars/teams/etc and 92% for the visiting crowds. Also included in the ticket price was free local transportations (buses/trams/etc), so no need to take the car to the track.

Quote:
The question what implications this will have on the Danish and European racing scene is interesting enough!
If the DTC managment is deciding to drop S2000 Im hoping this as a side effect will spur the creation of an Scandinavian TCC, with drivers and races from/in Sweden-Norway-Denmark. That would make for one really good championship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
I think it's plenty moral to run V8's. They are loud, stinky, fast engines. Motor Racing is about having fun and enjoying life.
Loud, stincky and fast, all of that can be had even with eg E85. Properly adjusted, a petrol engine running on E85 GAINS in horsepower...

http://autospider.blogspot.com/2007/...xr-flower.html

Quote:
Bovine emissions more lethal than 20 V8's going around a track.
Bovine has always exsisted, it's when you add burning of oil and gas that's been buried in the ground for millenia that you shift the balance.

Quote:
One cow puts out 1000 liters of methane each day...
...and in general it's is amazingly stupid that we don't collect these gases and use it as fuel. If farmers in China can cook, heat and light their homes on the methane their animals produce, how come the western world can't? Are we really that far behind a chinese farmer technically?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind
Exactly which relation has F1 with BMW´s roadcars..?

Zeeeeroooo
Additionally, a F1 car doesn't try to make itself look like something it isn't. That is why I think BMW don't have a problem participating in F1, they are not "fooling" a viewer that you can buy that car at your local BMW dealer.

Last edited by stedevil; 3 Sep 2008 at 23:03.