View Single Post
Old 3 Sep 2008, 23:13 (Ref:2281249)   #59
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stedevil

Bovine has always exsisted, it's when you add burning of oil and gas that's been buried in the ground for millenia that you shift the balance.
Although one must admit that the large-scale cattle-raising necessary for our meat-heavy diet is an invention of the late 19th and 20th century.
Quote:
If the DTC managment is deciding to drop S2000 Im hoping this as a side effect will spur the creation of an Scandinavian TCC, with drivers and races from/in Sweden-Norway-Denmark. That would make for one really good championship.
Could be the best of both worlds, eh? Denmark getting a spectacular V8-championship and Scandinavia getting finally a full-grid-touringcar series that will truely rival BTCC.

My cynicism tells me, though, that if Denmark indeed drops S2000 only very few teams will cross over to STCC and the V8-championship will be flop with weak grids.

I really hope, though, that the V8-championship gets off the ground, as some day S2000 will indeed have run its course - maybe the writings already on the wall, maybe they can still turn it around to get another few years out of that ruleset- and then it'll be good to already have some proven alternatives.

Last edited by Speed-King; 3 Sep 2008 at 23:19.