Thread: ELMS ELMS 2016
View Single Post
Old 5 Sep 2015, 19:39 (Ref:3571622)   #7
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
I don't care for Spa (wish it had been Zolder if you go to Belgium), and particularly not when it needs to be on separate weekend from WEC for some reason, but the two really great things

- Agonizing gaps in the calendar shortened
- Actual support series / shared events during the weekens again with the two Renault series, have they seen my texts?
I’ll agree that the decision to add Spa is a bit curious. The WEC races there in May and presumably the WEC will also be keeping the Nürburgring, which isn’t that far away, with an (I suppose) August date. It might be hard to get much of a crowd the third time around in the same general area. OK, I get that the ELMS business model isn’t exactly built around attracting paying fans, but I think there would be other markets that might work better for them over the long run. Might it be that the support series are driving the schedule selection process in this case?