Old 14 Dec 2015, 19:13 (Ref:3597762)   #24
GM10
Veteran

Italy
Mantua
GM10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Hah, I am actually a bit more interested in the TCS undercard class.... So there will be four divisions in TCS, will those be scored together or separately?
You know, CITE has always had too much categories inside, so another class running with TCR leaves some doubts at the moment. But in Italy there is always the necessity to be different from the others if you add this to the shortage of cars driving in every single italian national category (apart from the GT class), here we are with the TCS class, with the intention to have a nice entry list (talking about the number of cars).

TCS is not an innovation, because a similar category runs here since some years, with another organization (Peroni Group). ACI finally developed a clear technical regulations (unfortunately, there isn't the english version), dividing TCS class into four categories based on the engine displacement (2.0, 1.8, 1.6, 1.4). At the moment, it's known it will run two Honda Civics by Vaccari Motori (an institution in Italian motorsport) and one Volkswagen Polo GTI. There will also be a balance of performance system, to level the group.

Honestly, I'm a bit perplexed about TCS, but at the same time I want to relive the Supertouring era and TCR, even if using a completely different car concept, seems to be on the right way.