View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2012, 23:08 (Ref:3061206)   #14
Prancing Wombat
Rookie

Prancing Wombat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indeed.

It was a tough race for our car #31. I got a monster start, but had to surrender to a couple of Lotus who knew their way around Bathurst much better than me!
I ended up matching and bettering their times once i was settled, and had a pretty good stint.
Two laps in, my exhaust started making an awful noise, which stayed with us throughout the race. It turned out to be the lambda sensor and bung coming away from the tailpipe, leaving a nice hole.

I was also getting high oil and water temp alarms from very early in the race. My back was very hot from heat coming through the firewall. But the car was still chugging along, so we kept going.

I pitted in 4th place and Bargs got in. He did his usual excellent effort to catch and pass the Daytona (with Miedekie in it) and the with two laps to go, passed Dave in the sister (or brother, i suppose...) car, to place second.

Poor #31 was a bit of a smouldering stinky mess at the end, but she made it home!
She needs a birthday now. will have the spare engine in for Eastern Creek AND the sequential box back in - YAY !