View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2018, 15:41 (Ref:3816206)   #973
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
It was €1.39, so is that about 20 cents more than last year?

Maybe Italy will be cheaper? If so that will be a first....
To be honest I've lost track, but it went up by something like 10 cents at the turn of the year & has crept a little bit more since then, another 1-2 cents in the last week or so. It's coming to something that I filled up at Sainsbury's in Folkestone last week on the way home - it used to be the other way round!

Last month in Essen I filled up at a little local Esso - not even a supermarket - for 1.11/litre. Naturally I squeezed in as much as possible. Didn't go any further afield in Germany, so don't know if that is typical.

My Alfa has now passed the 250,000km mark, so I might as well keep it now until it drops. In the meantime, I've just fired-up my little Peugeot for the first time in over a year as I need to move it before some tree fellers come in the morning. It's out of CT but I was going to spruce it up to sell. However, I just might keep it since it is petrol. It's 27 years old, so almost qualifies as a classic!

It's 21 degrees here this afternoon, so hope you are having a pleasant journey Mike. Having failed to go to Hockenheim, I'll probably have a look at the Croix 'GP Historique' this weekend, but judging by the website there won't actually be much to see, only HTC.