View Single Post
Old 17 Jun 2014, 08:07 (Ref:3422919)   #62
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
I bet that's taken the smirk of his face! Why 'False Imprisonment' I wonder if the girl who was obviously terrified has pressed charges?

Here is the report http://news.sky.com/story/1283502/ma...tch-race-drive
She would have had to have pressed charges because otherwise she would have been an accessory....and I dont know was he was actually insured to drive then....and remember it no longer counts that you are on "Private Property"...the Lakeside boy racers stopped that in the early 90's.

She in the vid clearly tells him several times to stop...he didnt ...so technically he falsely imprisoned her...thats the simple bit.

I was actually in Le Mans and posted a tweet thinking it was the same as you Al, that is a Track day as such....what a shame both you and I were wrong.

There was a previous post about wrist bands, we have always used them for the six hour and different colour ones as well and we always tell the assembly people to make sure that no one goes on track unless they have one on, but, this guy knew EXACTLY what he was going to do, and though I doubt if he would have run someone over to get out there.....would you want to be the one to take the chance of standing in front of him....he was being told to stop by his girlfriend and wouldn't...is he gonna worry what a stranger in orange tells him?

What it will do is make circuits and organisers aware that there will need to be (as with all events) more security...not for the majority of perfectly normal people who like to look at the cars in the paddock etc ...but for the odd chav or prat who for whatever reason...thinks it would be a bit of fun spoiling it for others....now that will then open a debate as to who pays for the added security at a club event ....The circuit will say the organising club....the OC will say the circuit....ultimately it will end up firmly at the foot of the end user...that is the customer, more commonly known as the competitor because if the OC has to stump up for paddock security then they will have to get that money from somewhere...if the circuit has to, then they will charge more rent to the OC...and we are back to the competitor.

With regard to another post about the garage being closed at the back...that is not an easy task particularly for endurance type racing, no...the fact is you have to stop him (a numpty that is) getting in the paddock in the first place...and that as we have seen is not easy

Last edited by MartinSmith; 17 Jun 2014 at 08:13.