View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2009, 23:15 (Ref:2587438)   #3
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
I suspect it depends very much on what sort of 'golden handcuffs' have been put on Henri by Sora, and where exactly the intellectual property to the cars lies.

It's perhaps a little akin to the situation when Elf called a halt to the La Filliere programme in the late 1990s, which begat the Pescarolo Sport organisation. Obviously a lot of water has passed under the bridge, but Henri has proved able to raise the sort of sums needed in the past.

That said, I'm not sure it is all doom and gloom. Prior to Okayama Sora made some changes to the way they were run, including some pretty fundamental personnel shifts. It's probably honest to say they need finance to run (4m Euros was the figure I seem to remember) - but those numbers shouldn't be unachievable - and if they're smart about how they're running things, keeping Henri et al (e.g. de Cortanze and Bouillon for example) aboard would seem sensible.