View Single Post
Old 6 Jul 2008, 10:04 (Ref:2245055)   #11
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pit & Paddock

A few pics to set the scene.

This was a real privilege. Anne Wright, Secretary of the Aston Martin Heritage Trust, with no bidding from me but noting my interest in the car, kindly offered to allow me to sit in this Ulster 2/4 seater and take my picture!
This car was bequeathed to the AMOC in 1974 by Lewis Treece and passed into the care of the Trust when the latter was set up. A truly lovely car - thank you for your kindness, Anne:-

Nick Mason's collection of prewar Le Mans Astons; I've nothing but respect for this guy who still brings some of his racing cars out to play, so that we can all see them. On this occasion, I finally plucked up courage to introduce myself, and whilst, I'm sure he was less than impressed with me approaching him when he was having a quiet moment with his family in his motorhome, he courteously heard me out. In response to one of my questions he confirmed that he had absolutely no problem with the fact that our site had a name so close to that of his own site! Thanks to Nick for his time; interestingly, the car I sat in above was restored 1979-81 by Morntane Engineering which, if I recall correctly, was a company which he helped set up:-