Thread: 2015 Moto GP...
View Single Post
Old 22 Jun 2012, 13:09 (Ref:3096393)   #9
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I cant see anyone really getting into Jorge until the likes of marquez and maybe Redding or Luthi, Pol get into GP? Maybe not even those guys, maybe we are looking for Vinales or a Fenati, apart from Marc, there is noone really with that winning aura about them at the moment.

Though I do feel Iannone and Redding might be well suited to a GO bike, my only concern ebing that both have spent a long time riding bikes at high lean angles and a GP bike needs a slightly different ridig style these dyas after the 800's have left and Bridgestone/IRTA have decided how the bikes are bign ridden by making tyres only a some teasm can use
Yeah Lorenzo is very well placed to dominate for years but it will be interesting to see how he deals without having a rival. Is he capable of dominating the sport in the manner of a Doohan when the competition is below his talent level? I'd imagine he is but if not he'll look elsewhere for his kicks.

I was writing earlier about the silly season and what could happen if Rossi leaves Ducati. I cant see why he'd stay there other than ego or money but if he goes it is the least attractive ride in the field. Crutchlow is being linked to it but he'd be much better served staying at Tech3/Yamaha.

Espargaro has been linked as well but his reputation is soaring so there's no need to risk a bad couple of years on a Ducati. What about Hector Barbera as a factory Ducati rider?

Sounds crazy I know but who would want the ride and Barbera has shown himself as a competitive prospect on the Pramac one....