View Single Post
Old 7 Jun 2017, 07:46 (Ref:3739178)   #33
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
So it seems the options on the table for BMR to put Plato into a good Subaru have not been taken, and I am not aware that the test went ahead with Sutton's car.

So does that mean Plato is still in the damaged Subaru - and no further forward in understanding how to run at the front.

If that is the case, it seems strange to run at the two best suited for RWD tracks knowing that you won't be at the sharp end!
Who knows?! I'd love to be a fly on the wall in Warren's shed to work out what's going on over there, in less than a year they've gone from running 8 cars (effectively, if you count their assistance to BKR), 5 of which seemed competitive by the end of the year (Plato, Turkington, Cook, Sutton, Taylor-Smith) to running 6 cars and taking 11 rounds to see a win with the rest of the cars ending up wrecked or way down the order.

I know teams can have bad years, but to have so many cars doing so badly just doesn't sit right. There's clearly budget and management issues on both sides of the shed (hopefully now that 888's been fully BMR'fied with Nico Ferrari taking over at the top, they can settle down and get some work done) and the worry is that we lose the manufacturer support and potentially cars from the grid.

I know a few seasons ago the entry list was over subscribed and there were at least 2-4 entrants waiting in the wings, but this year I got the impression that wasn't the case and seeing how desperate some teams have been this year to put bums on seats I fear that if we start losing cars they may be gone for good!