View Single Post
Old 7 Jun 2017, 15:54 (Ref:3739284)   #39
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I too am finding the whole BMR/888 thing confusing, and would really like to know why Josh Cook (who I think is a future star & appears to be a nice guy) has jumped out of the apparently competitive Focus, back into what appears to be a very lacklustre MG.
To be fair, I don't really understand the whole MG thing anyway. As a brand (they're not really a company) MG are selling less & less vehicles in the UK and as far as I'm aware, the MG6 isn't even a current model.
Isn't the MG 'works' deal supposed to finish at the end of this year? If it does, for reasons I've explained above I can't see MG renewing with another model, which leaves '888' (or that small corner of the BMR shed) without a works deal, and so no apparent super-deal continuity for Cook as there will be absolutely no mileage in running the old, bent MG shells any longer.

Both MG's (Chassis V2012-C-0510-001 888-MG-001 & V2012-C-0510-002 888-MG-002) are owned by Lee Mowle. I think the MG chassis No.3 is owned by 888 so MG have no involvement with the team other than branding.

Unlike BMR where chassis C-009-04-BMR-039-01 & C-009-04-BMR-039-02 are owned by Liberty Leasing PLC & Chassis C-009-04-BMR-039-03 is owned by Subaru (UK) Ltd. I don't know who owns chassis BMR-039-04. So Subaru have a vested interest in Team BMR.
I don't doubt your claim that two of the Subarus are leased, but why would a leasing company want to lease a vehicle that is to be used for motor sport, and would therefore be likely to be uninsured against damage? That seems to be pretty poor collateral, unless there is a lien on other assets.