View Single Post
Old 28 Apr 2017, 15:43 (Ref:3729690)   #41
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
And the Mini's, Fiesta's and other small cars from DTC?
S1600 has always been a small and ageing pool of cars. With all that uncertainty over the fate of both ETCC and DTC over the winter, I guess teams and drivers for the most part just moved on to other cars, series or none-racing activities.

Maybe a few cars will come out to play later in the year. After all, the Monza event was confirmed on very short notice, leaving not much time to prepare an entry, which shouldn't be an issue for the rounds later this year. On the other hand, there isn't much of a point in entering if there are only very few S1600 cars, as getting passed by TCRs without having peopleto really fight against is probably not a lot of fun.

I'm not terribly bullish on the future of ETCC as far as TCR is concerned either. The European TCR market is getting a bit crowded between Lotti's trophy thing (doesn't that involve doing all European rounds of the International series this year?) and Jesus Parejas' TC Open and I'm not sure ETCC has what it takes to come out on top between those three options. Worst case would - of course - be all three of them tagging along weak and undersubscribed.