Thread: HMRN U2TC
View Single Post
Old 4 Sep 2013, 16:37 (Ref:3298945)   #16
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
If I were the GTSCC organisers I would base it in UK ,as May Silverstone,with an odd race on the big bit of Euope as we are seeing that people are less inclined to travel across the cut than in past years except for the very large meetings.
It could happen.... I can't see the likes of Monza Coppa Intereuropa Historica and Le Castellet being supported again by organisers, with such poor competitor response.

BTW, It wasn't just that grid that was small at Ricard. U2TC, 1000km and Italian FJ were similarly sized. Only healthy grids were the French series, of which the meeting was a championship round. And before anyone suggests that U2TC was hit by Zandvoort clash, there were only 16 Pre 66 Touring Cars entered there, of which 7 were over 2 litres!

IMHO as much to blame was the timing- during the main European holiday period.