View Single Post
Old 20 Jan 2014, 02:28 (Ref:3356065)   #46
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Or just look right under their noses at the 2 lower NASCAR series - NW and Truck Championships have come down to the last race for the last several years, consistently, without the gimmick Chase.

From the beginning, I have stated the Chase is a farce. The previous points system needed minor adjustments, to prevent teams from putting unsafe cars back on the track to pick up a handful of points and to put more emphasis on winning. But they went all "NASCAR" on us and re-invented the wheel and created a silly playoff system that's completely unnecessary. Now it's being "expanded" and adjusted again. Please stop polishing this terd, NASCAR.
Correct. The chase is completely unnecessary. Its lazy and tacky. To just ape a system from a different sport and plonk into NASCAR is plain just insulting.

Now they are just screwing around with it as part of a broader trend of trying to jump start a jaded big time motorsport into a boom period when in reality all these big time motorsports have left their peak period where they'll settle at a nice less popular level. NASCAR, like F1, could both do with being less popular but the sports bosses are refusing to face up to that and in this refusal they could very well end up badly damaging their respective sports.

I didn't even get through that entire dense paragraph about what NASCAR are going to be doing. Maybe I'll tackle it tomorrow when my tolerance for NASCAR foolishness is that little bit higher.