View Single Post
Old 30 May 2007, 17:39 (Ref:1924802)   #7
trevisio
Racer

United Kingdom
In my house
trevisio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Purely from a driving point of view, if you go straight into club karting or any owner/driver racing, with its plethora of chassis/engine tuners, setups etc. how does the driver know if its his/her driving or the kart that need improving if not on the pace?

At least with Club 100 you know its your driving that does the talking, everyone pays the same and has the same chance to win. I would recommend Club 100 as you will learn to drive and race against some very good drivers. There are many ex British Championship runners doing it, including ex champions. They say they are enjoying their racing more than they ever did before in owner/driver.

If there does come a point where you have the urge to buy your own kart, buy a trailer, storage, pay a mechanic, pay for damage, pay for engine rebuilds etc. then, having done Club 100, at least you will have learnt to drive first and not end up spending wads of cash for no reason as all the time it was your driving that needed improving! Going this route I would suggest taking a look at Easykart as at least the chassis and engines are the same.

Of course my point of view is that of somebody who is really only into the driving and has little interest in kart prep/maintenance and associated 1 million other things that all have to be 100% right if you want to beat the best.