View Single Post
Old 3 Dec 2005, 02:30 (Ref:1476110)   #763
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It'll all change when I'm editor. I have strong ambitions to fill this post one day.

Anyway - it did remedy my intrigue, thankyou. I've taken note of your displeasure, and - I must say, that on reflection a lot of the points made throughout this thread are valid. Yet I feel, that within the constraits placed upon the magazine, most notably those of marketability, business logic, not to mention the restrictions and implications these "target" areas can lead to, Autosport do a good job IMHO. John, I think has explained quite ineptly the situation he found whilst in his time at the Magazine, afterall it is a business at the end of the day.

However, I feel K_B summed it up pretty conclusively. If you don't like it, then don't buy it, and as you have stated - you have done just that. You've voted with your feet, and like many others have decided to voice your own displeasure by not buying it. I feel, that this is something the magazine undoubtedly have to address.

After buying the magazine for some 24 yrs as you stated, I imagine you were somewhat of a traditionalist. As a member of the readership for such a long time, I imagine you became disillusioned when - unfortunately, Autosport had to move with the times and transform into what it is today.

Autosport now needs to work on finding a balance between more contemporary styles and ideals, and thier more traditional - and supported templates. It needs to re-introduce people such as yourself to the magazine, and seemingly - this is the only way to do it. I feel a solution could be achieved, but without question - a task that would require a lot of brain racking.

Regards,

Paul