View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2024, 11:14 (Ref:4202968)   #317
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
Not as planned I'm sorry to say, it would not go into gear. I had only run the car on axle stands, what I had not noticed in my garage was that with the pedal depressed the wheels continued to turn. I found out this morning that with the car on it's wheels it was impossible to engage any gear. Various people helped out, in particular Richard of Westbourne Motorsport, the slave actuates the lever arm via a rod about 30cm long. Richard had a hunch that the orientation of the rod was wrong causing the arm to twist. He welded a plate to the slave mounting bracket to make the rod horizontal but this did not solve the problem. Somehow the clutch plate is not separating and it looks like the box will have to come off again to figure out what is, or is not, going on. Great shame. On the plus side, at 97db it did pass the noise test!
Did "you" put the clutch on the engine ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !