View Single Post
Old 12 May 2017, 06:20 (Ref:3732919)   #264
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by one_day View Post
So Honda can spend as much as they like on brakes, so would that be the same for tyres? As the Honda looks mega in the corners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
no. all teams have the same limit on tyres.
But some teams may not be able to afford the full allocation of new tyres at each event.
Some teams may be putting 'used' tyres on their car on occasion, as they have to pay for them from Dunlop.

'A driver may use a maximum of 12 new ‘standard compound’ tyres plus 8 previously marked/declared standard compound tyres per Meeting, including any Free Practice session(s), except at a driver’s first Meeting where a maximum of 16 'standard compound' new tyres may be used. The number of previously marked/declared tyres may be increased if less than 12 new tyres are marked/declared, always provided that the total number of tyres (20) is not exceeded at any time. '