View Single Post
Old 13 Mar 2023, 00:39 (Ref:4146856)   #3
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
I refer to Saturday's disqualification of the two 888 Camaros for having additional cooling aids.

This very wrong in my opinion. The drivers are employees of 888.

Under Workplace and Safety Laws, 888 have a duty of care to provide a safe working environment to their employees.

If the cars' cockpit temperature was too high, then 888 had duty to cool it.

Any Supercars rules cannot override this. Supercars seem to believe they are not subject to the law of the land.
Sorry but that isn't what happened and is not what the team was penalised for. The team was penalised for mounting the driver cooling in the wrong part of the car - has a specific location that it can be mounted in (which is where 888 mounted the additional cooling on Sunday).

Nothing at all to do with WHS laws, duty of care or Supercars believing that it is not subject to the laws of the land.

Personally, sounds to me like a mess with contradicting accounts of a conversation in the 888 garage and the penalty feels harsh but it wasn't for the reason you suggest.