View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2017, 18:47 (Ref:3727373)   #96
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith View Post
They're wrong. Championship regulations take precedent.

http://www.btcc.net/wp-content/uploa...egulations.pdf

3.8.1.b
Any car unable to return to the Pits under its own power and/or who has caused a stoppage to a practice or qualifying session or Race, may not be permitted to take further part in that session or Race.
My own perspective, disregarding anything that the Neals may have said, is that that regulation cannot have been the basis for the exclusion. My reasoning is that Neal was not the only car that had left the circuit and was in a dangerous position, and that at least one other car required outside assistance to regain the track. And both cars then proceeded around the circuit under their own power.

I repeat, I think that the race director was not even-handed on his treatment of all the competitors, and that he/she should have used a little common-sense and allowed Neal to take up his place on the grid as the race had not been officially "started" because it had been red flagged prior to the completion of the 1st lap.