View Single Post
Old 1 Aug 2011, 10:57 (Ref:2934415)   #8
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kevin Korjus - potentially very special indeed, a strong 3rd overall in his first season of F.Renault 3.5, and managed by Gravity Sport Management.

I too think Vergne definitely has the talent to make it into F1 with Toro Rosso/Red Bull. He and Ricciardo have been far more convincing than Buemi and Alguersuari ever were in the junior formulae.

From the same series Alex Rossi seems inherently talented, but what are the chances of someone from the USA being given a chance in F1?

Romain Grosjean deserves another chance, and looks like he'll get it. He's clearly the stand-out in GP2, as was the case when he was disastrously drafted into Renault before. Plenty of other competent guys in GP2, but I really don't think anyone else in GP2 at present has that special something.

Mitch Evans has shown raw talent in everything he does, could potentially be F1 material in a few years time. With the links he has to Red Bull via Arden and Webber, I'm surprised he's not already been picked up as one of their junior drivers. Unfortunately by not being the right nationality, or not having a Red Bull, Telmex or a PDVSA behind them, a lot of talented drivers will probably never make it into F1 on talent alone.