View Single Post
Old 29 Jul 2013, 23:00 (Ref:3283508)   #14
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Alonso has always bad mouthed his own team and constantly reminds everyone that the Ferrari is slower than everyone else. If I were Montezemelo I'd have been having a word with him long ago. You're supposed to talk your team up. Rich businessmen looking to buy a supercar don't need to hear that Ferrari cannot build a car that's as good as Mercedes or McLaren, or even an energy drink company.

I can see his point of view though, the car started out very good but has lost pace to the others and another title slip away, and his ego is bigger than Ferrari. He hasn't denied these rumours. Did he start them, since he likes attacking Seb and it would make sense to put some worry into his team. I wouldn't be surprised.

But I don't think he'd go to RB, because he'd never be the clear #1. There's no reason for him to be #1 from RB's point of view. He'd be on a massive contract, but would he actually beat the 4-times champion Vettel? I'd perhaps bet on Vettel, Alonso's getting a bit old now, and even Vettel's now at a point where it seems Webber just can't beat him. Even if Alonso could beat him, it probably wouldn't be in their first year, as Vettel will have that RB built around him, so he'd be looking at 2015. That would be his 14th season in F1... he's not fresh anymore.

I don't think RB or Vettel will have started the rumour. They don't need to play mind games with Alonso, his car isn't threatening them anymore. They'd be better off looking at Hamilton now, that Merc is getting good and he was dominant at Hungary, a place where they were supposed to struggle.

It's probably just the media pushing these rumours. I'd be astounded if Alonso signed for RB.
What about a swap, it's been rumoured that Vettel might go to Ferrari?