Thread: Driver 2018 F1 silly season.
View Single Post
Old 17 Jul 2017, 15:47 (Ref:3752171)   #267
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Buying in to the Kubica story, which I don't believe, would Kubica even be eligible for a Super Licence?
I don't know a great deal about FIA driver licensing, but from a tiny bit of reading... I assume he has a grade A license given he was part of the ByKolles LMP1 program (he left the team before actually racing). Otherwise, I don't see him fitting any of the established "experience" requirements for a Super License. He doesn't meet the current driver provisions (must have raced in F1 within past three years) and he does not meeting the current "regular test driver" provisions (wasn't a test driver for anyone last year). To fit into the exception clause it looks like he would be required to fulfill the 300KM testing provision. I haven't been following him closely, so I don't know if his recent testing counts toward that or not.

Richard