View Single Post
Old 5 May 2017, 23:39 (Ref:3731365)   #48
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZedMikey View Post
If your engine builder said we recommend you don't go over 7500rpm, but you say nah, we'll push it to 8000rpm, do you blame the engine builder if it goes pop?
I imagine they can probably handle 9000rpm actually, NASCAR run that, just the cam profiles will not be optimised for such rpm at the moment. Racing is all about pushing the limit and ignoring manufacturer specifications, but I agree they all must now strictly adhere to camber and pressure requirements.

Anyway, I am still looking to Dunlop for my road car tyres. They are the only ones who offer a 91Y spec that is 2kg lighter per tyre than the common 94W spec (have to import it from Europe though). They perform near the top of all the tyre tests, on par or better than the Michelins, Pirellis and Continentals, and best in the wet.

I'm considering these, even though stung by sister tyre Goodyear before. Also, excellent in the tyre tests and indeed excellent when new (as tested by the tyre tests), but seems to have lost grip as it has worn and worn fairly quick for a road tyre.