View Single Post
Old 6 May 2017, 14:31 (Ref:3731530)   #18
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
I have news for you matey. I live 10 miles from the track and there is never any promotion to speak of for any event . Their complacency and arrogance is breath taking
You do know how event promotion works in this country for most circuit racing, don't you?

I'll enlighten those who don't: for almost all events aside from MotoGP, WSBK, the F1 and perhaps one or two others, the organisers (promoting club) rent the circuit for their own ends and it is they who have to promote the event. The circuit gets their costs covered plus a touch of profit, and if the circuit sells the tickets for the club then there's a slice for the circuit on the tickets but all the rest of the money goes to the promoting club.

It's not usually in the circuits' interests to splash out (tens of) thousands of pounds in advertising for smaller events, they leave it to the clubs to do that. If they bring in a significant crowd then everyone wins, and if they don't the club costs are usually covered (but not always!) by the entrants' entry fees.

The live music industry uses pretty much the same model - the risks are with the promoters, not the venues. The rewards, likewise.